NOTICE: BDAL is an organization that relies heavily on volunteers to operate. Animals are seen by appointment only. If you are interested in meeting a pet, please submit our adoption questionnaire. Once reviewed, we will contact you to set up an appointment. Thank you!
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Review the conditions of adoption and complete the Adoption Application. We cannot schedule a site visit for you unless you complete the Adoption Application, but this does not obligate you to adopt an animal.
2. Please allow 3-5 business days for our volunteers to process your application. If your application is approved, you will be contacted to schedule a visit to our facility.
3. Adoption fees help to cover BDAL expenses for the care of our furry residents, including food, vaccines and necessary medications. You may view our general adoption fees here.
4. During your visit, you are welcome to meet other animals before making the choice to adopt. If you choose to adopt, a separate adoption day will be scheduled for the pet you choose.
5. We can schedule supervised meetings to introduce your own companions to prospective adoptees. Please allow ample time to schedule on-site and off-site meetings with our volunteers.
6. Adoptions are based on a first-come-first-serve basis. If the animal you are most interested in is not available by the time your application is processed, please consider meeting some of our other prospective adoptees.
7. Do not rush a decision. We want you to make the right choice when you adopt a new companion. We consider our animals to be members of a family who deserve the chance to stay in their new home forever. Thank you.
CONDITIONS OF ADOPTION:
Please read the following statements below. Your submission of the Adoption Application acknowledges your agreement to the following:
1. I intend to be the legal owner and person responsible for the care and well being of any animal I adopt from Better Days Animal League.
2. I give representatives of Better Days Animal League permission to contact any entity or person listed on this application to assist in making a determination to place an animal with me.
3. I authorize any entity or person listed on this application to release information about me by phone, print or electronic medium to representatives of Better Days Animal League.
4. I agree to allow, if necessary, a home visit by a representative of Better Days Animal League by appointment before or after placement of an animal.
5. I am prepared to meet the expense of caring for one or more animals.
6. I am familiar with the laws concerning rabies vaccinations for dogs and cats.
7. I am familiar with dog leash and licensing laws.
8. I intend to keep the animal as a house pet and companion and no animal adopted from Better Days Animal League shall be kept as an outdoor pet.